In November this year, the Swartland Independent Producers are taking over the West Coast town of Paternoster for an incredible celebration of Swartland wine and food.
“During the two-day exploration and ponderation of our Swartland heritage and history, Paternoster will be home to these crazy winemakers. Informative tastings with themes, Speakeasies (of the gin-and- talking kind!) as well as an international guest speaker from Georgia will be some of the things people can experience over the two day festival,” says Craig Hawkins, baby boss of TESTALONGA and proud chairperson of the SIP.
The Swartland’s best chefs and farmers will join a group of approximately 20 wine producers to share their fascinating stories. Speakers include:
– John Wurdeman from Pheasant’s Tears in Georgia. John makes wine according to ancient Georgian traditions and will be showcasing some of his qvevri-aged rkatsiteli, tavkveri and tsolikauri. He may even share a traditional Georgian song or two.
– Jan Boland Coetzee, Lambertsbaai, Swartland-born & schooled winemaker and rugby legend, will be sharing personal anecdotes from the West Coast before it became fancy.
– Rosa Kruger, critically acclaimed ancient-vine expert and protector; and
– The Swartland Independent Producers, a group of passionate winemakers that includes AA Badenhorst Family Wines, Sadie Family wines, Porseleinberg, Mullineux & Leeu Family Wines and new-generation producers David & Nadia, TESTALONGA, Rall and Intellego.
In between the serious wine tastings and talks, guests can taste Swartland inspired food and wine, enjoy the company of fellow bokkom enthusiasts, and kick back and relax with live music.
– Friday 3 November 2017: 5pm – late (registration, one masterclass, dinner and maybe a bit of a dance too)
– Saturday 4 November 2017: 10am – 5pm (two masterclasses, lunch, talks and tastings)
Booking is essential, only a limited number of tickets are available
Tickets cost R2 200.00pp (no ticket sales to persons under the age of 18).
Please order tickets by emailing RSVP@studio-h.co.za
A full festival program will follow.
Follow the official hashtag #swartlandheritage on Facebook and Instagram (@swartlandindependentproducers) for regular updates on the programme.